Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera Keeps Signing Me Out

• For two days now, ever since I updated to Opera 53, I'm having issues. Every night I shut down my computer. The next day when I turn it on, it Opera starts up and returns to all the tabs from the day before. However it signs me out of EVERY account I'm in, Facebook, twitter, email and so on. And it won't remember passwords so I have to look up remember them all an resign in daily. How can I get it to keep my signed in to my accounts?

• Hi, @xblackberry44x , in Opera 53 we've changed the certificate it uses to sign the Opera binary, which in turn was changed because Opera's company name changed from Opera Software ASA to Opera Software AS. You're being signed off, because OS wants you to verify that you're sure you want Opera to access data that was originally created with an application with a different certificate (still Opera).

You can verify that Opera was really signed by Opera Software AS - ie. us - by running "codesign -dv --verbose=4 /Applications/Opera.app" on the command line. It should contain these lines:

Authority=Developer ID Application: Opera Software AS (A2P9LX4JPN)
    Authority=Developer ID Certification Authority
    Authority=Apple Root CA

Which means that the application was signed by Opera, and that the certificate we used was in turn signed by the Apple root CA authority.

When opening Opera, you'll see the message window to allow Opera use passwords stored in Keychain. This message will go away after pressing 'always allow'. If you press 'deny' you'll get it each time, if you press 'allow' you'll also get it each time (since that only allows it for the current session).