Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Questions on Configuring Opera 51

• I have Opera 51 installed in Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon.

There are a few things I'm having difficulty with. I'll put them here and hopefully someone can answer to one or more of them.

1. How do I get the tools menu bar to show at the top of the page?

2. How do I change the miniscule font size on the bookmarks toolbar and on the tabs to something I can see easily?

3. When I open a new tab from a link, I have to click on that tab to go to it. How do I set Opera to switch to it automatically when I open a new link?

4. Is there any way to change the search engine on the start page to the chosen search engine?

Thanks for any help on this. Opera is a quick, clean browser and I would like to continue using it if I can get at least some of these settings to my liking.

• @roga 1) Don't know if it is different on Linux but Opera doesn't have a menu bar.

1. Nope, as it's not related to the default search engine. You can hide it if you want.
  • @leocg Thanks, 1. I'll stop looking for it. LOL. 4. I'll just hide it, then. Two points taken care of. Much appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.