Over the top ads in homepage newsfeed

• Ads are necessary, I get it, but lately I see three topics, an almost full page ad, three more topics, then another almost full page ad.

50% of the real estate taken up by ads is a bit excessive wouldn't you agree? Sync stopped working quite a while back, please don't give people another reason to jump ship.

• Thanks for the post @nsx . Hearing from our users is hopefully what will change our current ad practices, so I really appreciate your time in posting this. I've forwarded it to our discussion groups.

• I also started a thread on ads in the newsfeed. It is simply terrible, especially as Opera is advertised with its ad-blocker as feature.

I really love all the Opera products and am a constant user since the early 90s - but this is really a no go. It finally made me disable the newsfeed in order to no longer be bothered by those humongeous ads.

If you need money, you could offer a paid version, but please revert this "through the back door funding". I prefer to have control over what I allow and disallow, what I see and what not - and being offended by ads in the newsfeed and the reading mode is all except that.

Sorry for being so straight, but I am really disappointed and recently had to recommend other browsers to my friends and colleagues, which I quite disliked.

Opera has always been spearheading everything: speed, W3C conformity, usability, new concepts - but nowadays, when I look at the profile management, some productivity shortcuts and recently the ad flood, it really made me sad and kinda upset. You are better than this.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.