Restoring Tabs from a crashed/quit session

• Re: Tab restoration

When rebooting for an OS update or just for any reason quitting Opera, I'd like it to be as easy as it is on other browsers to restore my previous session of tabs. This does make me consider that Opera for my main browser is not a good option

• Opera remembers your tabs from the previous session. Just check the tabs menu.

• @leocg can't find. Tab Menu shows only tabs that i recently closed. When i have a bunch of tabs and quit Opera, when i go back to Tab Menu none of them appear.

• @liserline True, it will only remembers closed tabs as it seems.

• Maybe this would help.
    Intended for crashes but maybe it works to fix update/upgrade problems too.

New Opera 50

Protect your session against crashes

Upon a crash loop detection, Opera 50 will not remove your current browsing session. Instead, all pages will be marked for manual reload after re-activation, except for the current tab which will detail the encountered problem. This will fix the annoying issue of losing all opened tabs due to an unrelated problem such as with syncing, for instance.

If not,
    You can ask on "Feature request" for a sessions back up before any update/upgrade, just like this behavior does.

Windows 10 (x64) | Anniversary Update
    Opera Stable · Beta · Developer

Opera Test profile | Opera Back up Linux · Mac · Win

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.