Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

  • built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Error 500: Internal Server Error - when submitting

  • Hello,

    I receive the following error, when trying to submit my add-on (initial first release):
    "Submit error (500): INTERNAL SERVER ERROR"

    Is the error on my side or any error on my attempt to submit something?

    Any help would be appreciated.

  • It seems this was just an issue with me filling out the submission form correctly, according how its supposed to be done, I had also strange behaviour when trying to save some URL informations.

    Solution in my case:
    I canceled the submission and redone filling out the required details of the add-on, then I could submit it.

    But I hope someone can figure out, why this was broken in the first place. 🙂

  • @janrie The error message gives a good hint.

    What did you change in this new attempt? Have you already tried before on an different time and day?

  • @leocg
    Today was the first time I tried and its my first add on submission.

    Before when I tried to submit details, like the support url - I didnt use "enter" key and the UI kept going (red bar on top gone through) and "circle" spinning, without finishing correctly (not going green).

    I then rechecked the button to save this details, and the field got flagged okay.

    And before the error the first time appeared, I set the category for the add on, which I missed in first place.

    So, my best guess would be, something got broken on the UI/background of the submission page having a hick up... 🙂

    After I canceled the initial process and redone everything, it was fine. I didn't make any changes to the data or inputs itself on that submission.

  • @janrie When you have a problem with a page giving you error messages like that, you should check if the problem still happens in different times during a couple of days or more to see if it wasn't just a temporary issue on the page/server.

    Probably this was your case.

  • @leocg Yes, in general I agree. Patience is good.
    And I tried to wait this out a bit longer.

    But this seemed to be a problem with the data to be submitted itself - which got wrongly or malformed picked up, I would assume. And hence raised an error on the server side. In the end. Not with the server in general.

Locked