Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

  • built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Error 500: Internal Server Error - when submitting

  • Hello,

    I receive the following error, when trying to submit my add-on (initial first release):
    "Submit error (500): INTERNAL SERVER ERROR"

    Is the error on my side or any error on my attempt to submit something?

    Any help would be appreciated.

  • It seems this was just an issue with me filling out the submission form correctly, according how its supposed to be done, I had also strange behaviour when trying to save some URL informations.

    Solution in my case:
    I canceled the submission and redone filling out the required details of the add-on, then I could submit it.

    But I hope someone can figure out, why this was broken in the first place. 🙂

  • @janrie The error message gives a good hint.

    What did you change in this new attempt? Have you already tried before on an different time and day?

  • @leocg
    Today was the first time I tried and its my first add on submission.

    Before when I tried to submit details, like the support url - I didnt use "enter" key and the UI kept going (red bar on top gone through) and "circle" spinning, without finishing correctly (not going green).

    I then rechecked the button to save this details, and the field got flagged okay.

    And before the error the first time appeared, I set the category for the add on, which I missed in first place.

    So, my best guess would be, something got broken on the UI/background of the submission page having a hick up... 🙂

    After I canceled the initial process and redone everything, it was fine. I didn't make any changes to the data or inputs itself on that submission.

  • @janrie When you have a problem with a page giving you error messages like that, you should check if the problem still happens in different times during a couple of days or more to see if it wasn't just a temporary issue on the page/server.

    Probably this was your case.

  • @leocg Yes, in general I agree. Patience is good.
    And I tried to wait this out a bit longer.

    But this seemed to be a problem with the data to be submitted itself - which got wrongly or malformed picked up, I would assume. And hence raised an error on the server side. In the end. Not with the server in general.

Log in to reply

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.