Opera 20 not saving passwords

• Haven't found anyone else complaining about this in the forum so maybe it's just me, but despite having the 'Offer to save passwords I enter on the web' box ticked, it ain't happening. Ideas?

• I use Windows 7 and generally do not have that problem. Is it happening for you on all sites? What is your Operating system? As far as I have observed, Opera 20 has a reasonable password manager, but if you want more, there's always the extension route, and something like the Opera Extension LastPass.

• Thanks for the reply lem729. I'm running W7 too and yes, it's happening (or not happening) for all sites. Looks like the extension route it shall be. Thanks.

• I'm still on XP and have the same problem. It initially appeared that Off-Road mode was preventing it but I haven't been able to prove this conclusively.

• Just a thought, and maybe I'm off base here. On settings, I was wondering if maybe your problem was a cookies issue. When I clear my private data, I often have to redo may passwords. So in settings under cookies, do you have a dot in "Allow Local Data to be set (recommended). That's the only mark I have in the cookies section.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.