Video not playing in Opera for Mac

• I just checked one of my websites and discovered the video is not playing in Opera for Mac, but it's fine in Safari, Chrome or FireFox. I then pulled out a Windows laptop and found it was fine in Opera there.

I've tried disabling all extensions and updated to the latest version, but it comes up with a message saying "Error loading this resource". Can anybody understand what is going on here? It's a self-hosted video at https://colourmanagementpro.com

• I've since done some further research on this and found it's also affecting every video I try to view on Vimeo, but only if I'm using High Sierra. If I check on my old iMac using El Capitan the very same videos play fine in Opera. I'm sure this wasn't a problem when I checked recently in Sierra either. YouTube seems to play fine everywhere.

• Hi,

1. have you tried updating today? We released a stable build with some High Sierra fixes. More info @ http://blogs.opera.com/desktop/2017/09/opera-47-0-2631-83-stable-macos-update/ .

2. if it still doesn't work after the update (it does for me on my MBP), what do you see in opera://gpu?

• Yes I updated earlier today and have the same version. Under opera//:gpu it provides a huge list of items, but the most telling is perhaps in the log file at the bottom, which says "Log Messages
    [0920/144038.954847:ERROR:gpu_video_decode_accelerator.cc(380)] : HW video decode not available for profile h264 main"

• I forgot to add this was a video that I originally encoded via Vimeo and then downloaded it from there. They do a good job of compression without undue loss of quality and never had a problem of compatibility before.

Not long ago I heard from another user, who has the same problem with this browser build using 10.11.6. Curiously both of us are using Mac Pro computers.

• Just a quick update to say that this problem appears to be solved with the update just now to 48.0.2685.32. I was seeing problems all over the internet with the previous version. I am now using the release version of High Sierra.

• Thanks for the update @bilko :). We've had some issues adapting to new sandbox restrictions on High Sierra, but things should be fine now. Let us know if you see any more problems.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.