Why no 2 pane bookmarks add-on?

• Hi,

I used Opera a long time, it had all that was needed without add-on, especially the 2 pane bookmarks.

Then, Opera was destroyed, replaced with a bland and featureless version, and I switched to Firefox.

Over time, Firefox has become bloated and slow, but it does have a 2 pane bookmarks add-on, and Opera still does not, which makes it unusable when you have to deal with thousands of bookmarks in hundreds of folders.

So, after all this time, why no 2 pane bookmarks add-on for Opera? They INVENTED it, destroyed it, and never replaced it with anything remotely as useful

• U have a pic of that 2-pane? I'm having trouble remembering Presto features 😄 Other than Tab Stacking 😄

zzzzs://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drCAiTSAYdc

• Sorry for the delay responding, I thought I would be notified for each answer.

Here is what the Firefox addon looks like:

https://postimg.org/image/ge0nk54ft/

• He simply means a folder tree on the left (or too) and a list of the current folder on the right (or bottom). If meant as a sidebar, it would have to be top and bottom, of course.

• Surely the panes are side by side, not one under the other, unless Firefox has changed very drastically.

• One under the other, look at the screen cap.

• As he specified extension, sidebar is to be expected. I don't know whether Opera's extensions API specifically includes splitters, though I have no reason to believe you couldn't do it yourself if you're an extension developer.

• I think I saw this behavior in some of the bookmarks extensions. V7 bookmarks might be a good start...

Sure indeed opera://bookmarks and other internal pages could be with more functionality.. 🙂

But extensions are great too as long as there's no crappy code 🙂

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.