Saving images is very slow

• Hi,

I recently made the switch from Google Chrome to Opera on my iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011), so far it has been great however I've noticed that it's very slow to actually save an image. When I right click an image and go to "save image as" it then takes a good few seconds to load the browser window to select a destination (around 13 seconds), once I click save it also takes quite a while before it actually saves the image (2-3 seconds). At first I assumed this was happening after launching it for the first time since the computer was last awake but it does this for every single image, even after a long time of the browser being opened.

I'm fairly certain it isn't a hardware issue as saving images via Google Chrome and Safari is almost instant. I've tried a fresh install of Opera, without any extensions running and the problem still exists.

• Hi @ducky, which version of macOS do you use? Would be good if anyone who has a similar problem could chime in, so we can figure out together what causes this. It opens pretty much instantly for me here.

• Hi @ducky, which version of macOS do you use? Would be good if anyone who has a similar problem could chime in, so we can figure out together what causes this. It opens pretty much instantly for me here.

Sorry for the late reply, I fixed the issue by uninstalling Opera and running a cleaning app which removed a bunch of cache and preference files, it looks like some files were left behind causing problems.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.