:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Open new tab automatically when click on bookmark

• I know there used to be a setting for this in previous Opera versions. Is there one in Opera 20 Final? I am frustrated I cannot figure it out!

• Middle click ?. I know it opens it in the background, but it's only a quick click to bring it to the front.

• Very frustrating to me as well. Middle-click is fine for links to open in a background, but for bookmarks why would anyone want them to open in the background? That's just stupid and I expected better of Opera designers. Just make it like the old Opera so they open in a new tab and gain focus immediately.

• I right click on the bookmark and choose open in a new tab and a new tab opens, but the tab is darkened while the page is in the background so i have to click the tab to bring the page out front,I really dont mind that but what I dont like is alot of stuff doesnt open in a new tab, I like everything to open in a new tab, whether it's links, bookmarks or whatever, I've been looking at the tab extensions and most of them do nothing, hardly any customization of the tabs whatsoever, I use Tabs mix plus on the firefox type browsers and it has tons of customizations, but nothing like that is available for the Chrome type browsers.

• Just middle click the bookmark, and it will open in a new tab, although it's a background tab. You don't have to do the right click and the context menu. The middle click saves a step.

If you want the bookmark to open in a new foreground tab, then either: (1) press shift, and then middle click the bookmark; or (2) control T and then left click on the bookmark. Choices. Lol.

I think the middle click is the easiest to remember. For bookmarks, middle click on the bookmark if you want a new background tab, and shift middle click if you want a new foreground tab. And guess what? Ir works for links too. If you want the link open in a new background tab, middle click on it. If you want it in a new foreground tab, press shift middle click.

• colderwinters,

Just think middle click on bookmarks AND links and everything for you will open in a new tab. Shift middle click if you want it foreground, only middle click as background.

• I didnt even know about the middle click, Thanks Lem, Right On Man

• I think it was Aristotle who found the highest virtue in the middle path ))))) He would no doubt have loved Opera's middle clicking approach to new tabs.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.