Cycle tabs without showing list
blitzkywitzky last edited by
Hello! I'm a classic 15 year opera user and I've been constantly annoyed by the list shown when cycling tabs using "ctrl tab" and "control shift tab". I never intend to look at it and it causes lag through not changing page immedaiately.
Can you please bring back this functionality.
The extension "Classic Tabs" brings back some functionality which in my opionion should be shipped in the product from scracth. Most importantly open tab next to active. Very annoying when you are using mouse3 to open tabs in background and they get all messed up in the end not near the tab which they belong to.
- Force all tabs to open next to the active tab
- Force all tabs to open at the end of the tab bar
- Activate the last-focused tab when closing a tab
- Activate the next/previous tab when closing a tab
- Prevent Shift+click from opening tabs in a new window
Classic notes funcionality with "ctrl shift c" to save text in the browser would also be apreciated. Found an extensions but it didn't support the keyboard command.
donq last edited by
+1 for first idea - not to display tabs list and especially previews (optional of course).
No comments for second idea - I have created personal extension to open new tabs always at right and always active; this suits my browsing habits best and I even don't know, how Opera behavior is changed over time.
kthulhu13 last edited by
+1. Right now it's really confusing.
makuc9 last edited by
My solution is going to settings, "Browser" and under "Shortcuts" enabling "Enable advanced keyboard shortcuts", then clicking on "Configure shortcuts" where 2 changes.
- Remove the shortcut of ctrl + tab and ctrl + shift + tab for "cycle backward/forward through tabs".
- Add that same shortcut to "Switch left/right through tabs" in the "advanced shortcuts" (section at the bottom..."
NewWorldMan last edited by
@donq I actually like the previews! It's a key reason why Opera is my joint No. 1 browser at the moment. It greatly aids in my selecting the right tab when I do Ctrl+Tab+Tab+Tab.. None of the other browsers do it quite right for me.
But I also agree it should be an option, as lots of people don't like this kind of thing.