Opera Linux .rpm codecs support

• Version:	45.0.2552.812 - Opera is up to date
    Update stream:	Stable
    System:	Fedora 25 (Twenty Five) (x86_64; KDE)

don't support:
    H.264, MP3, AAC
    unlike opera on other platform(http://imgur.com/a/roYJD)

• Yes, opera's build in libffmpeg.so has poor html5 support. If your distro already has chromium-codecs packaged, install it and opera will use chomium's libffmpeg.so which has far better html5 support.

• Where I should to put it(libffmpeg.so)?

• You do not place it somewhere. Once it is installed, opera will detect it. Opera is hardcoded to look in these locations.

$ cat /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/opera/resources/ffmpeg_preload_config.json
    [
      "lib_extra/libffmpeg.so",
      "/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libffmpeg.so",
      "/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libs/libffmpeg.so"
    ]

I have no idea what the first one could be. The other two are where the chromium-codecs-* installs its libffmpeg.so, depending on your distro of course.

p.s. Stupid forum editor ruins the formation of what I wanted to write there. Here is a proper output on pastebin

http://paste.debian.net/933348/

• If there is an underscore in a filename, insert a backslash before it - or indent the block by 4 spaces.

• $ find / -name libffmpeg.so 2> /dev/null
    /usr/share/code/libffmpeg.so
    /usr/lib64/opera/libffmpeg.so
    /usr/lib64/chromium-browser/libffmpeg.so

$ cat /usr/lib64/opera/resources/ffmpeg_preload_config.json 
    [
      "lib_extra/libffmpeg.so",
      "/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libffmpeg.so",
      "/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libs/libffmpeg.so"
    ]

reason is wrong location

• Make a symlink then to the folder opera expects it to be. Or edit the file, but you will have to edit it the next time opera updates and changes it again.

• reason is wrong location

Did you manage to get it working? I added the lib64 paths after installing chromium via dnf but it still won't play h.264 encoded videos...

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.