:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

[Answered]Can a network admin block (Opera's) VPN?

• I love Opera's built-in (and free) VPN. I was trying to use VPN while logged into a public library, but it didn't seem to work. On the lower edge of the browser, it would just show that it's "waiting to connect" or something like that. When I turned off VPN, surfing any website is no problem.

I'm now at a coffee shop and using a different wifi. And Opera's VPN is working fine.

The public library blocks IRC and torrent, and it makes me wonder if they've also blocked VPN. Can VPN be blocked?

• They have a filter that can block access to inappropriate websites, all they'd need to do is block SurfEasy. So sure, they can.

• thanks, sgunhouse. i thought VPN was unblockable. I guess that also explains why Tor (and Tor browser) doesn't work with this public library.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.