My bookmarks are gone.

• I don't use bookmarks that much, but today I wanted to see something I had bookmarked but I found out my bookmarks weren't there!

I formatted my computer a while ago, maybe it was when it happened? I also updated Opera after that, but I don't know if that's the reason.

I'm sure I had everything ticked (bookmarks, history, passwords...) before formatting so I wouldn't lose anything, but apparently I did. In fact, my history and passwords were also lost, because I tried searching for a website I had visited before and couldn't find it in history. Also I had to re-input all my passwords, I just didn't check the bookmarks back then.

Why bother having sync if it doesn't work?

• Check https://sync.opera.com/web/ to see if you your synced data is there.

• Check https://sync.opera.com/web/ to see if you your synced data is there.

Nope, none of my old data is there, only the newest.

• Nope, none of my old data is there, only the newest.

So your old data was never synced. Or you have reset it at some point.

• Any system bckp before formatting?

You may check there inside your user folder %AppData%

• Any system bckp before formatting?
    You may check there inside your user folder %AppData%

nah, I had to do a full format, no old files were saved.
    and %appdata% is not something I usually back up lol.

• Nope, none of my old data is there, only the newest.

So your old data was never synced. Or you have reset it at some point.

Well, guess I just can't trust opera sync 馃槢

• Well, guess I just can't trust opera sync

If you use a sync service as a backup service, you are doing it wrong.

• If you use a sync service as a backup service, you are doing it wrong.

Haha, I guess you're right.
    I would have done an actual backup, but my Windows wasn't even booting because my HD was failing. I had to format fast and I only saved a little bit of important data.

• but my Windows wasn't even booting because my HD was failing. I had to format fast and I only saved a little bit of important data.

Pick Hirens Boot or Linux Live to back up files on an unbootable Hard Disk.

%AppData% back up saves lot of time to restore some apps settings, also Opera profile, by default it's there, so it's a good place to have a look and save some folder.

• Pick Hirens Boot or Linux Live to back up files on an unbootable Hard Disk.
    %AppData% back up saves lot of time to restore some apps settings, also Opera profile, by default it's there, so it's a good place to have a look and save some folder.

Yeah, I could have done something like that, but my HD was busted, copying files from it probably was going to be a pain.

• Yeah, I could have done something like that, but my HD was busted, copying files from it probably was going to be a pain.

Well...

So, Mmmmm do it for future installations xD

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.