Opera crashing on New Macbook

• I’m sorry. The bug is not fixed. It’s exactly the same problem. No change.

Once more the question: How can I downgrade to Opera 41?

• @weisbach you can download old versions from here: ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/desktop/41.0.2353.69/mac/ .

• Opera is crashing regularly on my 2016 MacBook Pro (Touch Bar). I am using the VPN option to browse in Opera. The problem had been occurring sporadically since I started using Opera about a week ago. Today I noticed a definite pattern: I upload an audio file to Google Drive. The first upload works well. When I open the New menu (or right-click for new menu) and select upload file, the browser immediately crashes.

• Welcome to Opera forums @Recorder2407!

Can you test without VPN enabled?

HI, @zalex108!

Tested with VPN disabled. Opera still crashed when I tried to upload the same audio file to Drive.

HI, @zalex108!

Tested with VPN disabled. Opera still crashed when I tried to upload the same audio file to Drive.

Update: I have also noticed that Opera is crashing with and without VPN while I try to attach files to emails in my gmail account.

• Test with a Clean Profile, steps for Mac.

(There are info in many post, just read the whole discussion before proceed)

• Hi, I have the same issue since January on my MBP 2016 (touchbar), and no reinstalling/cleaning profil process managed to fix it.

However, I recently managed to observe that this problem occurs only when I’m using Opera in apple’s fullscreen mode, hope this may help

• same here on my mbp 2017,

Version: 47.0.2615.0 - Opera is up to date
    Update stream: developer
    System: Mac OS X 10.13.0 64-bit

always crash, wrong position of right click context menu, cannot select bullet in setting, cannot sync to opera, and bla bla bla many bugs.

• @ginkan, consider using the stable version of Opera if you're seeing crashes in developer - they are a lot more expected in the developer version (it's meant for testing, not for using...). I see that additionally you're also using the Beta of macOS High Sierra. Since that has only been available since a few days, expect some bugs there to be worked out before the final release of High Sierra. In short: if you're using beta versions, expect some bumps :)

The initial crash that was discussed in this thread on MacBook Pros with Touch Bar has since been fixed. If you have another issue, let's start a new thread.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.