Conflicting headers

• I noticed that, when using opera mini to access a website, both "X-Forwarded-For" and "Forwarded" are sent, i assume you use a proxy to speedup websites, but to my knowledge, if a proxy natively uses the X-Forwarded-For header, it should not allow clients to send Forwarded headers (see http://symfony.com/doc/2.8/components/http_foundation/trusting_proxies.html).

Any application using Symfony framework (which means a lot) won't allow it, except if you ignore those headers (which seems bad). Is this behavior something you wanted (in which case, why ?), or some proxy misconfiguration ?

• X-Forwarded-For and Forwarded headers serves the same purpose: to inform web server about IP of the original client. We add both of those headers on Opera Mini servers: Forwarded is a standard-compliant way, but it's new and a lot of sites may not use it yet so we add X-Forwarder-For as well, which was commonly used for many years.

Symfony framework will not trust those headers by default, what means that if you are a web developer and you call getClientIp() method, it will return IP of Opera Mini server, not your real IP given in X-Forwarded-For or Forwarded header. But the page should load. The same would apply for all other proxies.

• My websites, which are symfony 2.8 based, will throw me a Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Exception\ConflictingHeadersException , which result in a 400 (bad request) response

• the exception will be thrown with those headers :
    Forwarded: for="10.10.10.10:13002"
    X-Forwarded-For: 10.10.10.10, 141.0.14.114

• The actual problem is that the two headers are added with varying information:

// Forwarded
    Array
    (
        [0] => 46.127.15.xxx
    )

// X-Forwarded-For
    Array
    (
        [0] => 82.145.219.118
        [1] => 82.145.219.118
        [2] => 46.127.15.xxx
    )

The Forwarded header is missing the IP chain, therefore Symfony throws the exception.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.