Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

flash player crashes in windows 10

• I had accidentally posted this in another post that was related to opera crashes and I do apologize for that. When I had done a search for flash player crashes in opera that post came up.

Anyway.... if anyone is having problems with their flash player crashing frequently this was my issue...
    I started having problems with the flash player and opera after doing a clean install of windows 10 on my pc. This pc is running windows 10 home. It is the 64 bit version of windows 10 on this pc.

I have tried removing the check mark from Enable Hardware Acceleration and things were okay for a few weeks but as of a few days ago it keeps crashing again. I tried putting the check mark back and that did not help so I removed the check mark again from Enable Hardware Acceleration of the flash player. The only extension I have is Eraser and I have tried disabling that but that did not help either.

When I first did the clean install of windows 10 Opera / flash player was constantly crashing until I removed the check mark from the Hardware Acceleration when I click on the adobe flash player settings option from a right click of my mouse. I have come to realize that the darn check mark was back again on restart of my browser the next day.

I then came across this article (I hope it is okay to post this link - if not I do apologize) http://www.opera.com/blogs/news/2015/07/advanced-settings-in-opera/
    My computer is only 2 years old and has 8GB of RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, an upgraded graphics card and until the windows 10 upgrade I never had any problems with the flash player and opera. So I couldn't see how the last item on that page would do anything, but I gave it a try and so far, the flash player is no longer crashing in Opera while running windows 10. Just thought I would let others know in case they too are having issues. If you aren't sure how to find that setting click on the opera menu > settings > browser and down near the bottom is the one for system and hardware acceleration.