Adding a search engine. What part of the url is...
redrubykaipeaches2010 last edited by
I was just trying to add a search engine to the standard list in the preferences menu. I was not sure as to the correct way to input information in the box that asks for it. Can anyone explain how to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
kmielczarczyk Opera last edited by
I will explain that on an example (bbc.com search)
- Go to bbc.com
- Type 'test' in the search box
- Address field result is (http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=test)
- Replace 'test' with '%s' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=%s) and copy to clipboard
- Now go to Preferences and press 'Manage search engines' -> 'Add new search' button
- Paste 'http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=%s' into "Address" field
- Chose "Name" and "Keyword" for your new search
- Click 'Save' button