Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Managing the search engine diplayed in the address bar popup

• I have multiple search engine I hadded by hand or through the Create Search Engine… function.

How can I make all of them show in the address bar popup? It only shoms the six defaults (of which I care for only one) and four of the customized one. Too bad!

Thanks in advance

• Sorry, but it is limited to 10 in the dropdown.

• AFAIC, it's limited to 5: I have no use of Google, Yahoo, Bing, Amazon and Wikipedia…

Is there a way to remove the default ones?

• No. Opera gets money from the search engines to be listed, so they don't want you removing them.

• Still, that leaves me wondering why Opera opted to restrict the use of customized search engine.
    It's so useful to access them through the address bar, like it was before.

• You can. Use shortcuts. Of course they already have g as Google but you can use more than one letter too. So I have my for Google Maps, for example. Then gm Toledo Ohio and there it is. Easier than picking from a drop down if you're typing anyway.

• Yes, that'll do… for me.

But, still, it's a step backward and an annoyance for I don't use all my search engine often enough to remember the shortcuts easily.

And for non tech-oriented user, it's a mess. I know by experience that most of the people do not use any kind of shortcuts.