Chase Bank Not Allowing Opera Signin, Requests To Use Other Browser

• Getting this when I use O36 when I try to sign in to Chase Bank site::

https://www.chase.com/

"You need to upgrade your browser to access your accounts and statements.

A newer browser will help make your chase.com experience even better, and
    help keep your accounts and personal information secure.

Download a new version of your favorite browser here:

Internet Explorer >

Firefox >

Chrome >

Safari >"

I have changed my User Agent to Internet Explorer, which works, but none of the other User Agents work.

So my question is why is this, and is there a work around other than having to switch my User Agent each time I try to sign on?.

Or is there a way to specifically have Opera to use the IE User Agent for JUST this site, without having to go back and forth each time I enter the Chase Bank site and return to Opera User Agent when I exit??

• Interesting. I have Opera 36 and it lets me log in without a problem. It used to warn my that it didn't like my browser but let me log in anyway. That stopped a few months ago and it lets me log in without even a warning now. Strange. Exact same site too.

• I had the same experience, however just today this started happening with the advent this week of a completely new reconstruction of the Chase Web site. This new Chase site now insists I cannot use Opera.

I remember when I was using O12 and earlier, I could set the user agent for a PARTICULAR web domain, and it would use that agent ONLY for those pages, and not for any others.

Wishing someone might kick in here and at least relay a way to do that agent for just a single domain, and not the others.

Here's the news about the new Chase site::

"Chase's first Web site overhaul in a decade focuses on simplicity, personalization
    March 15, 2016 | By Renee Caruthers"

http://www.fiercefinanceit.com/story/chases-first-web-site-overhaul-decade-focuses-simplicity-personalization/2016-03-15

• Same problem - just started for me a couple days ago. User agent switcher has no affect.

• User agent switcher to Internet explorer works for me

• Same problem for me, started within the last day or two. I hope someone comes up with a solution. I'm using Opera 36.0.2130.46.

• Guess I'll just have to use my Chrome browser until Chase comes up with a solution (if they ever). Appreciate all your input guys.

• Ditto: Same problem for me, started within the last day or two. I hope someone comes up with a solution.

Chase might become the same way as Wells Fargo was for me years ago when they quit accepting Opera.
    I moved my account to Chase

• which, it turned out, was really an improvement.
  • Logging in using chaseonline.chase.com works here (Opera Dev). Is it where you're logging in from that's the problem?

• I can say that I also use chaseonline.chase.com to login, using O37 and Windows 7 64 bit - maybe it's because you are using the developers dev (I hope so, maybe when the new one comes out it will work), this is what I get when trying to login using O37::

"You need to upgrade your browser to access your accounts and statements.
    A newer browser will help make your chase.com experience even better, and
    help keep your accounts and personal information secure.

Download a new version of your favorite browser here:

Internet Explorer >

Firefox >

Chrome >

Safari >"

• I had the same problem, so i changed user agent and got in on IE. On the old Opera, you could go to "network" site preferences and change it for a single site, but i can't find it now. Really like the Chromium based Opera browser a lot though, & have used Opera for many years. Probably will complain to Chase but who knows what good it will do. Wish we could get the Opera marketshare up.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.