Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Youtube fullscreen not working

• Sought a fix online and it said to right click and change in html5 player, but can't find where to change.

Anyone know a fix for this issue?

Thanks!

• 1 posts
    Sought a fix online and it said to right click and change in html5 player, but can't find where to change.

Anyone know a fix for this issue?

Thanks!

• Which version of OS X are you using?

• Oops...

10.9.5 Mavericks 2.5 GHz Core i5 Mac mini

Opera 32.0.1948.69

• Try Magic Actions for YouTube in the extensions site. It not only allows you to force the HTML5 function but has a lot of other features as well.

Alternatively, go to here: https://www.youtube.com/html5

There you can set the default behavior which is stored in a cookie. Note that it will be deleted when you delete your cookies.

• When you say 'not working', what happens exactly? It goes full screen but it's black, it doesn't go full screen at all, or does it give you an error message?

• I have similar problem.
    I used to be able to open videos in Youtube in full screen mode with Opera.
    Yesterday I was watching a yYoutube video and there was a pop-up on top of the screen asking me would I like current preferences for the web site to be remembered. I chose them to be remembered while the video was in a normal (not full screen) mode. Now I can not view any video in Youtube in a full screen mode. When I click on the full screen tab in the lower right corner of the video nothing happens. How can I rectify this problem? How can I change my settings for the youtube web site? I can view videos in full screen on other websites but not on youtube.

• I found the solution it is in Settings - Websites - Full screen - Manage Exceptions. Just delete the blockage of the full screen on Youtube or whatever website you have put it on.

• Belatedly.... thanks for the help. I'll take a look at those solutions.

As to what specifically happened, it simply wouldn't expand to fullscreen mode. Just a blank black box around the normal size. Recently (html5 or youtube?) had been prompting me with a "deny" or "allow" button at the top. I always said allow which worked. The problem began early this week.

Thank you again.

• still same thing on windows 10 on some sites with flash player all apps are up to date

• A.O.A
    Brother if you have problem to dubble click to fullscreen in opera browser so please
    go to Opera Manu and then SETTING click WEBSITE go down on FULLSCREEN > MANAGE EXCEPTION > there is a BLOCKED OPTION TO DELETE IT and then go to youtube and enjoye the dubble click as fullscreen thanks...............! Remember me in your good prayers thanks.......! SARFRAZ AHMAD