why my bookmark importer is INACTIVE

• why my bookmark importer is INACTIVE

• Still, till 06/03/2014 the developers of Opera were unable to find a solution for the important issue:
    how a user may import his/her previuous booknmarks from Opera v.12+ into Opera v.20,
    using previous archive or using sinhronization.

Question to developers: when the import of bookmarks tool will be realized?

tag: bookmarks import data migration

• they just killed Opera like good browser

• The Bookmark Importer will be inactive if Opera 19 or 20 could not find your Opera 12 or earlier installation's profile folder. This usually happens because a USB install was used, but there might be other reasons I don't know about.

To import your profile from another installation, use this command from the Run Dialogue (Windows Key + R)

"Full path to Opera for Blink\launcher.exe" --presto-small-prefs-dir="Full path to Opera for Presto\profile"

Then, enable the Bookmarks Bar, and run the bookmarks importer to add bookmarks and sessions to the Speed Dial or the Bookmarks Bar.

• Sorry — I can't help any more. This forum screws up any code that is posted.

The above code is now completely wrong and won't work.

I don't have any more free time to waste on this useless forum.

• I fixed it for you 😉

• can u fix this same issue for me - cant import book marks - not highlighted - opers 20
    thanks

• The Opera developers work in highly unprofessional manner:

Look at Opera 20 so called "help": how to import bookmarks?
    or

• type in browser opera:flags , and
      serach "import"
      --
      The developers wrote:

Enable or disable profile import from Opera 12 or other Presto-based Opera versions. Presto's profile location can be given explicitly by passing '--presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR' and '--presto-large-prefs-dir=LOCAL_PROFILE_DIR' to the command line.

This recommndatio of the developmentteam is wrong for Windows 7/8.1.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.