Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Bitdefender does not support Opera.

• My problems with Opera 30 started about a three weeks ago when I switched from Avast, (too many pop-ups and nag screens as well as running at 100% at startup for minutes on end), to Bitdefender Free. (rated as one of the best).

I got an "Out of Memory" message when launching Opera 30. Doing some searches, I finally found others were having the same issue.

Is there anyone out there who is successfully using Opera 30 and Bitdefender Free?

And how did you do it? Maybe I should just use Microsoft Security Essentials!

• The best defense is understanding what is safe and what is risky. I've be using the internet for close to 20 years. For the first 10 I had a virus scanner and never had it trip on anything. After awhile I decided that the annoyance of a scanner outweighed the safety is supposedly provided. MSE is decent for what it is. I find these days that malware and spyware is more of a threat than viruses are. Either way, real time scanners are basically not worth the hassle.