pdf download vs. open

• On Safari, when I am at a website and click on a pdf, it opens up a preview for me to review its contents. I can finish my reading of it then and there, or decide to download it, a separate process.

So far, on Opera if I click on a pdf icon, it downloads the file immediately.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

• Hi, which version of Opera are you using? All newer versions of Opera open PDFs in-browser.

• 24.0, which seems to be newer. Is there any Preference that is associated with this behavior?

• 24.0, which seems to be newer. Is there any Preference that is associated with this behavior?

I guess you're using an older version of OS X, since otherwise you would have been auto-updated already - the newest version of Opera is 29.

If you're actually using OS X 10.7 (Lion) or newer, download the newest version of Opera at http://www.opera.com (you can check by clicking  -> About This Mac in the menu).

If you're using OS X 10.6, the most recent version you'll be able to run is Opera 25, which includes the PDF viewer. You can download Opera 25 from here: http://www.opera.com/download/guide/?os=mac&ver=25.0.1614.71&local=y .

• Thanks. Yes I do still run Snow Leopard, so I went with the 25.0, as you recommended, which indeed did the trick. Thanks, Avi, you really know your stuff.

When I go to the About window, it now reads:

25.0.1614.71 - Opera is up to date

However, I definitely recall the old 24.0 (and change) line also ending with the assurance "- Opera is up to date," which was obviously untrue. If not for that, I would have been savvy enough myself to have checked for the latest update my system could handle, and would never have brought my inquiry up here.

If that was a bug, or just semantic sloppiness, I do hope it has been fixed. Thanks again.

• a bug, or just semantic sloppiness, I do hope it has been fixed. Thanks again.

It's due to some limitations in our update system :/. Fortunately the amount of users on 10.6 using O24 is very low, so there shouldn't be too many people running into this.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.