I agree, which is why I'm contemplating on posting the problem on a more OS related forum. As for the permissions... I did all that ages ago, my account is the only active acount on the PC and I made sure that it has permission to access all the files for that very reason. That said, I will look through Appdata and the user folder to make sure I still have full access.
Now on to why I actually posted this here, I want to cover my bases and while it may very well be Windows related, I wanted to make sure before posting in a more general forum directed at Win 8 users. The simple fact is they usually don't have as much knowhow regarded to specific software as people on forums like these.
Anyway... Thanks for the help and I'll try looking through the files again to check them and if I'm still stuck, I'll head over to a Windows forum.