Originally posted by crypter:
This is weird. If the program generated the .js file, it was supposed to be valid under any circumstances. When it converts the file and shows the message, do the number of folders and urls on it make any sense to you (are they valid numbers?). Could you please try the steps again with a very simple .adr file? The program was able to convert 50+ folders and 800+ urls on my bookmarks with no problems. Also, remember to reload the extension before using it (this is a small detail that I myself forget sometimes).
I tried your method with a one month old adr file (having 529 urls n 22 folders) n surprisingly its working for it and when i tried again with my latest adr file (having 562 urls n 23 folders)... its not working
But I managed to solve my problem by doing this... from bookmark manager I made an adr file for single folder (because it's not working for more than single folder on my pc). I converted that file and added it successfully to quick access bar... First, I thought for 23 folder it would only take 15-20 minute to add all my bookmarks to QAB, but then i quit the idea of using opera 17 for a while until stable version is released...
Anyways thank you for this wonderful tweak. It will surely help us in future if they don't add bookmark feature in future .