FYI, I've also reported this is as BUG-29287. Feel free to mention other application that use SSO and experience this problem. That way it will be easier for others to find this report and know what's causing it.
Posts made by macfreek
-
RE: Support for AsWebAuthenticationSessionOpera for Mac
-
Support for AsWebAuthenticationSessionOpera for Mac
In macOS, the system opens the user’s default browser if it supports web authentication sessions, or Safari otherwise.
(Source: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/authenticationservices/aswebauthenticationsession)
Unfortunately, Opera does not support AsWebAuthenticationSession, so every time another application needs to authenticate the user in a browser, Safari is opened instead of Opera (my default browser).
Applications that use are amongst others: DeepL, ChatGPT, and EduVPN.
Other browsers experienced the same issue, like Firefox and Chromium. Please check the link how it was resolved there.
-
RE: ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE for a single website, Opera onlyOpera for Mac
I just opdated to Opera version: 128.0.5807.52
Now I can access the website again.
No particular change listed at https://blogs.opera.com/desktop/changelog-for-128/ seems to ring a bell, but I'm not complaining, -
ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE for a single website, Opera onlyOpera for Mac
Hi,
When I try to visit https://zenodo.org/, Opera desktop displays an error message:
This site can’t be reached The web page at https://zenodo.org/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ERR_INVALID_RESPONSEI had no problem accessing the website earlier, and I can still access it perfectly fine with other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari on my Mac, Opera on my mobile, or Edge on my PC. Other websites work fine with Opera.
I tried Opera on three computers (a Mac desktop, Mac laptop and Windows desktop) and got the same result.
A bit surprised by this result, I tried the following remedies:
- Open the page in a Private Window.
- Clear DNS cache in Opera: "Clear host cache" at opera://net-internals/#dns
- Clear DNS cache on my Mac: "sudo dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder"
- "Flush socket pools" at opera://net-internals/#sockets
- Delete cookies and site data for zenodo.org
- Delete all cookies and site data
- Used a VPN to use a different network path
- Used my phone as a hotspot instead of wifi, so I'm sure it is not network related.
- In Developer Tools, select "Disable cache" and reload with Command-Option-R, ensure this is not a cached problem.
- Reboot my computer and try again.
- Install a mayor OS update (to MacOS 26.3.1) and try again.
Unfortunately, the error message remains.
Can you access the website just fine?
Is there some good explanation what "ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE"? Is this indicative of a network connection problem, a handshake failure for TCP or QUIC, or does the server not return a proper response?
Do you have any other suggestions what I can do to remedy?
My config (on the machine I did most tests):
Opera One(version: 127.0.5778.76) (arm64)
System: macOS Version 15.7.4 (Build 24G517), later also 26.3.1
Chromium version:143.0.7499.194 -
RE: Opera can't reach local ip adresses:ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLEGeneral
@dittohead Thanks!! I have the same issue, at least since November, and this allowed me to fix it.
Short summary for others:
- Go to System Preferences > Privacy & Security > Local Network
- Observe that Opera occurs multiple times
- Toggle the settings for Opera, so it is NOT allowed to communicate with devices on the Local Network.
- Toggle the settings for Opera again, so it now IS allowed to communicate with devices on the Local Network.
- Restart Opera
Note that there is a bug in MacOS, so that an app may occur multiple times. Technically, it seems that it occurs for the current Opera version, a helper, and earlier versions. In addition, even though the checkbox seems enabled for all occurrences of Opera, it may still not work. Toggling the settings a few times, also in another tab did the trick for me. Hope this works for others too!
-
RE: [Solved]Tab preview does not clearOpera for Mac
Same here. I reported it yesterday as DNAWIZ-58596, feel free to close that as duplicate.
Any clue when the new version is released. In the mean time I downloaded get.opera.com/ftp/pub/opera/desktop/58.0.3135.90/mac/, and disabled auto-updated, as described on this forum.
Now, all I have to do is restore all user-settings and extensions, as I deleted those in the process of debugging
️. Annoying little critter this bug
. Grrr
. -
RE: is Flash safe?Opera for Mac
I'm not a big fan of Flash, but if you make sure you do regularly install security updates, I think the risk is acceptable.
So my suggestion would be to either turn if off, or update.
Note that you can customise the behaviour of Flash in the Opera Preferences, under Websites > Flash. For example, you can disable it for all but a few websites.
-
RE: Are Firefox and Opera quarantine supporting/aware apps?Opera for Mac
After I download an application (or a disk image or zip file containing an application) with either Firefox or Opera, and try to open it, Mac OS always asks me if I'm sure, because it was downloaded from the Internet.
I'm not so sure if the level of support is the same -- for example, when downloading with Safari, this dialog often shows the URL where the application was downloaded from. I rarely (if ever) see that information with Firefox or Safari. Thankfully, these are test that you can easily perform yourself if you are curious about the level of support.
-
How to turn zooming with the trackpad offOpera for Mac
Is there a way to turn zooming with the trackpad off? I rather just zoom with command-(plus) and command-(minus), and as you can read below, the zooming with trackpad badly interferes with how I use my browser (must be a bad habit I picked up while using Firefox
)Bug report: scrolling with trackpad unintentionally zooms
Summary:
Due to how zoom and scroll are implemented on Mac OS, a scroll may unintentionally turn into a zoom. This happens many times a day for me. I like to turn this behaviour off.
Just a few observations:
- In Opera, scrolling is achieved by moving two fingers up or down on a trackpad. I think this is generic Mac OS behaviour (it works in all applications)
- In Opera, scrolling is achieved by moving two fingers up or down on a trackpad while simultaneous holding down the option/alt key. I think this is Opera-specific behaviour (it does not work in other applications).
- This problem is reproduced on Mac OS 10.10.5 with Opera 42.0.2393.94, with mouse gestures and advanced keyboard shortcuts turned OFF.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use two finger on a trackpad on a Mac to scroll up ro down on a lengthy page.
- Observe that once you release your fingers, the scrolling continues for a few moments until it slows down and stops. This is gerneric Mac OS behaviour (it works in all applications)
- During those moments, press down the option/alt key
Expected behaviour:
I would have expected that the scrolling would come to a stop, regardless of my keypress.Actual behaviour:
As soon as I press the option/alt key =, the “residual” scroll movement aborts and is turned into a zoom behaviour.The above happens a LOT to me. I seem to have a habit of opening a few tabs, scroll through the page, quickly navigate two another tab using command—option-arrow shortcut.