- download the last Google Chrome .deb file:
- extract it in the same folder:
dpkg -x google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb .
- go to the directory where the extracted WidevineCdm folder is located:
- find the directory where Opera looks for the WidevineCdm folder:
In my case I got:
[ "/opt/google/chrome/WidevineCdm", "/opt/google/chrome-beta/WidevineCdm", "/opt/google/chrome-unstable/WidevineCdm" ]
so I had to put the extracted WidevineCdm folder in /opt/google/chrome/
- copy/move the extracted WidevineCdm folder in that directory:
sudo cp -r WidevineCdm/ /opt/google/chrome/
(if /opt/google/chrome/ does not exists, create it)
- make sure that folder is readable by everyone:
sudo chmod 755 /opt/google/chrome/WidevineCdm/
Enjoy your paid streaming services!
I think it's pretty much the same as this guide.