When you select text there's a popup with Search, Copy, Snapshot. This feature request is for that popup to be moved from the middle of the selection, which is generally far from the mouse cursor, to the actual mouse cursor position when you let go of the click.
This should have two additional options.
- Vertical offset in pixels. So with 0px it would spawn directly under the mouse cursor and you could just click again to perform the action. With 50px it would spawn like it does now a bit above the mouse cursor.
- Setting a preferred setting, for example selecting "Search" would have Search closest to the mouse cursor, "Copy" would have Copy closest to the mouse cursor and "Snapshot" would have Snapshot closest to the mouse cursor.
This feature would make the popup easier to use:
- The popup would be positioned closer to the mouse cursor. You would no longer need to go "looking for" the popup which could happen now with longer texts.
- There would be less risk of accidentally performing the wrong action. For example sometimes I want to copy some text but accidentally perform a snapshot instead because I have to go through the Snapshot button to end up at the Copy button. With this feature this would no longer happen and people who were annoyed at the Snapshot button would no longer have a reason to be annoyed.
- In general better user experience. If you do searches 90% of the time you could select Search as your preferred option under the mouse cursor and have an easier time searching text. Same with Copy and Snapshot. You could customize the browser to better work with you which I guess is the whole point of Opera.
Thanks for reading.