I just did install opera19 (going from 12.x) and I have a hard time finding out how activate the following things (which I use quite heavily in O12), can someone please tell me how to get the following functionality back again (extensions would be fine if no other option exist) (* denotes things that used a hacky solution in O12).
And yes, I've been using Opera since MDI was a new feature.
How do I enable the following functionalities/features I have gotten used to in opera?
3) Showing query information/right hand side of URI at all times - hiding this is akin to removing streetsigns and housenumbers with the motivation that "you can always ask" (third most missed feature), this is information that should be "glanceable"
4) Showing protocol - some sites I use has different data on their http and their https-servers (quite often an ironic spoof on the http)
5) Hiding favicons - rarely have few enough tabs open for them to show anyways
6) Putting the adressbar at the bottom of the browser - I prefer to have metadata here
7) Putting the "info bar" (hoover over information) at the bottom of the browser - more metadata, no dynamic UI
Showing the page title when opera is maximized - opera19 scaled to same size has an annoying habit of rescaling now and then in win7
9) Showing the menu bar again - Even if it only is "_F_ile"
10) Loading the old keybindings - especially having separate keys for navigating between links and forms, and for that matter using "4" to go to last used tab (second most missed feature (the 4 to go to last used tab))
11) Underscores in menus to indicate hotkeys
12) Not having to hit enter after using a hotkey in a menu - rightclick on link -> "t"
13) Having a new tab open on about:blank - not anything "panel"/quickdial or similar that never is used (btw, what is the point of panels for keyboard-users?)
14) Getting a nice white background instead of an image for opera special pages - if I wanted a background image I wouldn't run opera maximized
15) Showing all settings on a single page (opera:settings) - Being able to use "/" to find an option rather than clicking like a maniac is nice
16) Having both a "open in new tab" and "open in background tab" as options when rightclicking on a url.
17) Having "going to last used tab" under a combination that actually is possible - Ctrl+` is not possible on a swedish (nor finnish) layout since ` is Shift+´ (and no, Ctrl+Shift+´ does not work).
18) Having a good overview of available keybindings in the browser - do not assume internet-access just because it is a browser.
19) Having "special icons" (new tab et al) stack from the right and tabs stack from the left in the tab-bar, also would be nice with a "last closed tabs" icon-here.
20*) Not being forwarded to google when entering an unsupported protocol - akin to how opera now reacts when one types a in the addressbar now would be nice.
21*) Not being forwarded to google when entering an invalid domain
22*) Disable the dropdown when entering data in the url field
23) Showing a progressbar - preferably one that hides the address-bar when in use.
24) Hiding stuff like the "download"-icon (to the right of the adressbar) - this belongs in a menu.
26) Blocking content - used to sanitize away pictues of babies and "celebrities" and many included files (.js, .css)
27) Being able to call other programs or gives sites on certain protocols - mailto, ,
And things I wanted to do already in O12 but never found out how and that still annoys me.
O12.1) Disable Different colours/shades in the url-bar - it just slows down my reading of the uri
O12.2) Disable the "badge" at the left of the url inside the url-field
O12.3) Showing what user one is logged in as on ftp-sites (and http-sites for those that use basic auth)
O12.5) Specify if https/ftps should be default instead of http/ftp when entering a url without protocol.
This was the things I encountered the first hour that I tried to use or annoyed me.
Oh, and point 17 probably should be considered a bug.