@big-bird Well, it took me 2 days of checking to solve this problem. Google voice worked on this computer in other browsers but not Opera. Google voice also worked in Opera on another computer connected to the same router. After determining that the Opera settings on both computers were the same then clearing the cache in the Opera browser and running Ccleaner on the system I turned to the USB connector for my headset which is attached to a USB hub. I moved the headset connector to a different port on the hub and Google voice worked. I then reconnected the headphone USB plug to its original location and it is now working for Google voice. I haven't yet tried to unplug and re-plug the computer speakers to see if that is possibly the same problem. Moral of the incident, "reset your accessory's connection if it is not working correctly before looking for a software problem."
Latest posts made by Big-Bird
RE: Google Voice-No Audio heardOpera for Windows
Google Voice-No Audio heardOpera for Windows
Opera desktop, Windows 10. Google voice works fine in Chrome Browser. With Opera browser can send texts and microphone icon responds on voice.google.com website but no audio can be heard neither dialing nor voice. Permission for voice turned on in "Settings" and voice.google.com has permissions to use microphone and headset speaker.