I recently upgraded from Opera 12 to Opera 28 because PhotoBucket.com is no longer supporting Opera 12. On the web site that I moderate several members use photo bucket to post images. So I upgraded to Opera 28. Now the images are correctly displayed. However I have discovered several things that seem to be missing from Opera 28 or I just do not know where to find them.
- I can not add buttons like HOME and PRINT to the Navigation Bar like I could in opera 12 having a home button makes Administrating the web site much easier rather than having to hit the web site on the bookmarks bar.
- The Staff of the Web Site communicate with each other using Internet Relay Chat, from a button on the sidebar of the site. There was never any problem doing this with version 12 of opera. However when I click on the link using Opera 28 I get the following message. Unknown Protocol Opera was unable to open the link since no application associated with IRC protocol was found on your system. I find this quite odd for the following reasons.
- I have the current version of mIRC installed on my system
- Opera 12 has an IRC Client
- Google Chrome has an IRC Client.
If I do a search within the add ons and extensions for Opera 28 by typing IRC chat, IRC client, IRC plug in it tells me nothing was found.
I know I could use FireFox, Google Chrome, or even Internet Explorer but I would really like to continue to use Opera is there a way to add buttons and to get an irc client to work in OPERA 28?