Greeting/Intro on the Site (Forums)

• Well, now and then a new user, trying to post/show some technical data (links, paths, etc.), encounters the output gets changed by the forums' markup.
    I suggest we have an intro for a new user - when he/she first enters the forums - where to give a brief introduction on how to format their input.
    There should be mentioned that some characters are reserved, which ones, and how to escape to show certain actual sequences: like "use backticks to show paths/links containing underscores" etc.
    It's better if it'll show up only once - when the user first enters the forums (or starts his/her first thread). Otherwise it could be a preset pop-up or something - with an option to "not show it any more".

• Also, I'd suggest the user will be advised to always mention certain technical specs when posting about a problem with their browser.

• +1 for both, but this forum has more important things that have to be done first. Is someone at Opera responsible for the forum?

• Leo, here.

@leocg:

Kinda hard to read a text without paragraphs.

So this should be added too.
    I bet the user did try linebreaking. But it's not clear to new users that this forum has it similar to that on Wiki.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.