Request on other search engines
Is it possible to set another search engine to be the default search engine on the iPhone? Even better, would it be possible to delete the Google search engine altogether?
Due to Google collecting data on my search queries I would like to switch to Duckduckgo. I know how to do it (see bottom of the page). I did this on my desktop. But because Google is the default search engine this is almost impossible on my mobile.
Set another search engine on your Opera Mini browser:
- Click on the search box on the top right of your browser window
- Press on the Google image, which has a triangle to the right of it. This opens a window with available search engines
- Scroll down, and press 'manage search engines'
- Click on one of the search engines you do not use, a window opens in which you can enter a title for your search engine and the address (FYI 'https://duckduckgo/?q=' without the single quotes)
- You can delete search engines, except Google
- You can not move a search engine to the top of the page, making it the default search engine
- You can not change the icon of a search engine (the browser should take the icon of the link entered)