Per site/tab proxy settings

• Is this in Opera yet? It's really important for using TOR and making sure you don't accidentally leave a trail back to yourself on the same IP in another tab.

• Google for pac-scripts. It's an only option right now. I'm using this self-made script: http://pastebin.com/NcBcjy2p

With it you can set proxy per set of domains (like some us-proxy for .us domains, italian for .it, local TOR-one for .onion). First item in array is a proxy, next items are domains to use it on (can be more than one).

P.S. This forum is so full of bugs. And on a damn native browser. Opera should rethink about how they choose people for hire.

• Doesn't seem to work for Opera 15+. I added --proxy-pac-url=<"C:\pac-script.txt"> to the shortcut and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Yeah forums don't seem like an improvement.

• I added --proxy-pac-url= to the shortcut and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Make that --proxy-pac-url=< "C:\pac-script.txt" > without the spaces. < > seem to be control codes.

• Or you can set pac-script in windows proxy settings. They will be accessible to almost every browser and software that way, so even if you change browser to like FireFox, it will still work.

• Using Internet Options/Properties -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Use Automatic Configuration Script?

That's not working either. Tried with/without double quotes on the filename.

Tried:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
    {
    proxies = [

["127.0.0.1:9050", "onion"] ,

return "DIRECT";
    }

And tried:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
    {
    proxies = [

[ "127.0.0.1:9050", "onion"] ,

for (var x = 0; x < proxies.length; x++)
    for (var y = 1; y < proxies[x].length; y++)
    if (host == proxies[x][y] || shExpMatch(host, "*." + proxies[x][y]))
    return "PROXY " + proxies[x][0];

return "DIRECT";
    }

(I don't know what the second bit does).

• This would be your script in it's simpliest form:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host) {

if (shExpMatch(host, "*.onion")) return "PROXY 127.0.0.1:9050";

return "DIRECT" }

• Never got it to work.

Found this - much much much better.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/proxy-switchysharp/dpplabbmogkhghncfbfdeeokoefdjegm/related?hl=en

You can set per-domain proxy settings, including wildcards & regexps. You need to set it to Auto Switch Mode.

• In my case the problem was the Opera Turbo. When I did deactivate the Opera Turbo it worked. You might have to allow/direct in your script to the Opera Turbo Proxy somewhere in the Internet.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.