Battery draining fast

• The battery in my tablet is draining crazily fast when I use Opera these last few days.
    Opera stands for over 60% of the drain when I looked aftet a few minutes of surfing, with the tablet unplugged for 15min.
    I can see the battery % go down when using Opera.

Opera 28.0.1764
    Android 4.4.2
    Samsung tab 4 10.1

I'll check on my phone as well.

• V29beta should drain the battery even faster, after all Opera request localization without touching URL field (see Chrome) or any other user action.

• What do you mean @sagrid?

• On any device with Android 4.4.2 Opera 29 beta 1 request localization and that can be granted or denied at startup, is not the case with v28. Besides, another two things I've got on my mind: Appboy automation and WebRTC. Appboy is Opera's affair but something is not clear with WebRTC channel - it is true that since the code was moved on Git is enabled by default on Opera/Chrome (and FF if that counts) browsers? WebRTC interactive detection expose my local IP via GPRS and WiFi and native 8.8.8.8 DNS routing looks weird via Netherlands.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.