saving preferences in opera mail

• hello,

In Opera Mail I want to save the preference not to check spelling while composing an email. I have to uncheck this option everytime I compose a mail. A sollution for te same problem with not saving the preference 'use HTML formatting' I found on this forum (changing a line in account.ini). In which .ini-file can I save the preference not to check spelling while composing an email?

thanks!

• operaprefs.ini (seel help -> about Opera Mail for the location). Edit the file while Opera is closed.

You can search for the setting in opera:config in Opera 12 to see what the name of the setting is and what section it should go under.

In this case, what you want to do is set:

Spellcheck enabled by default=0

under the "User Prefs" section.

Or, add opera:config to Opera Mail.

• thank you!

• thanks, it works although now opera opens with a new message-screen instead of the list with email. Latest link is interesting but I can not use because I use osx instead of windows.

But: thanks, the spellcheck problem is solved.

• thanks, it works although now opera opens with a new message-screen instead of the list with email

At the top right of the mail screen, there's a slanted wrench icon on the toolbar. You can click it to change the layout.

Or, if needed, close down Opera and delete autosave.win in the sessions folder. See "Help -> about Opera" for the location.

Latest link is interesting but I can not use because I use osx instead of windows.

If you can find the file on OSX, you should be able to modify it just like you do on Windows.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.