Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

saving preferences in opera mail

• hello,

In Opera Mail I want to save the preference not to check spelling while composing an email. I have to uncheck this option everytime I compose a mail. A sollution for te same problem with not saving the preference 'use HTML formatting' I found on this forum (changing a line in account.ini). In which .ini-file can I save the preference not to check spelling while composing an email?

thanks!

• operaprefs.ini (seel help -> about Opera Mail for the location). Edit the file while Opera is closed.

You can search for the setting in opera:config in Opera 12 to see what the name of the setting is and what section it should go under.

In this case, what you want to do is set:

Spellcheck enabled by default=0

under the "User Prefs" section.

Or, add opera:config to Opera Mail.

• thank you!

• thanks, it works although now opera opens with a new message-screen instead of the list with email. Latest link is interesting but I can not use because I use osx instead of windows.

But: thanks, the spellcheck problem is solved.

• thanks, it works although now opera opens with a new message-screen instead of the list with email

At the top right of the mail screen, there's a slanted wrench icon on the toolbar. You can click it to change the layout.

Or, if needed, close down Opera and delete autosave.win in the sessions folder. See "Help -> about Opera" for the location.

Latest link is interesting but I can not use because I use osx instead of windows.

If you can find the file on OSX, you should be able to modify it just like you do on Windows.