Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

How do you disable javascript in Opera 28?

• Ain't gonna be, Opera Mini with feed list is even better according to your requirements.

• Hey, there's no way to turn off JS in Opera for Android. I appreciate that there might be a few (and I do mean a few) people that would like to do that, but we don't want to bloat our settings. For your use case it sounds like extensions with an ad-blocker might also be something on the wish list?

• Perhaps something similar with Tracking protection feature from FF Nightly?

• Hi. I thank you all for the updates and for helping out with the Opera forum. Is it possible that there might some day be a "no script" or similar javascript blocking extension in the future? That would be terrific.

• At some later point, "about:config" might be considered for hosting further abilities.

• Thank you both for the ad related suggestions. I appreciate the willingness to help.

• In the event that there are long delays with the potential implementation of the above suggestions including "about:config" I'll wait patiently.

• Well it'd be in opera://flags/ if at all, but I'm not even sure it's an easy thing to do these days. JS is such an integral component today.

• Only "Experimental JavaScript" is there and it is disabled by default. I appreciate your help. Looking forward to the standard "about:config" 🙂

• Its getting to be more of requirement these days with privacy issues, website spam and tracking. In addition some versions of websites load up faster and are much cleaner. I use classic where you can turn off JS or Fennec from fdroid. Fennec you can install no script and https everywhere extensions.