Opera 18 not working properly from behind proxy server
At my office we use Proxy Server to access Internet.
Accessing internet works fine when used with chrome,firefox,ie
But when I use it with opera 17/18 it does not work properly.
1) Proxy login authentication window is shown very late or sometimes appears and disappears quickly
2) Pages load very slow as compared to other browser when used from behind a proxy server.
3) have tried same with chrome 28 , but it works very fine.
Please look into the matter.
I'm also experiencing the very same issue with my company proxy. However, by using any other browser (IE10, Chrome, FX) it works perfectly, but under Opera, it does really slow and some pages simply do not load completely. Is there any solution to it?
I have the following Opera release:
Update stream: Stable
System: Windows 7 64-bit (WoW64)
Same story here with Opera 18-20. Doesn't seem to be miserably slow, but slow enough to be noticeable. Definitely has issues on certain news or blog sites with their overstuffed websites.
Also Opera 12 won't load any sites at all; just sits there loading. Seems to have issues with allowing the proxy to redirect it.
My issue might all just be zscaler's fault, though.
Just a note to anyone having issues with Opera 12 on a proxy or zscaler. Go to opera:config and turn off 'Certificate revocation lists for ssl.'
I have this problem too! browser: 18.0.1284.68 proxy: squid/3.1.10
opera 19.0.1326.56 still the problem persist.
Please do the needfull
I'm also having the same issue for very long time. I have tried numerous releases, but all having the exact same issue as described in the previous posts. In big organizations or companies, it is very common to access the Internet from behind a proxy. I don't understand why Opera has never get along well with proxies...
Is there any change to have a fix for version 25?
This would be awesome!
Just done. Bug number is DNA-24916.
I hope it helps!
I'm glad to say that the proxy issues I reported in DNA-24916 are now gone. I'm writing from the network where I was experiencing all those problems.
It's taken quite a long time for the Opera guys to fix it, but they finally did!
Well, there is no such problem in versions 24, 25 and 26, BUT it returns in version 27 and 28.
I think I find an issue of the problem.
When I mark "Use proxy for local servers" in "Settings"->"Browser" everything works fine in opera 27, 28, 29.
We can guest how developers use this flag.
Had completely the same problem. My SOLUTION was to deactivate "Opera Turbo" and all worked fine again.
But indeed there is some fix required.