Questions about Synchronization in Opera 29

• As I understand it there are two synchronization items in Opera. The first is Opera Link which is the old version and the new one in Opera Developer.

Is there a way to view the stored data in the developer version of Opera sync? I believe that currently stored information includes bookmarks, speed dial, and open tabs.

https://link.opera.com/ will display the stored information from the old version of Opera (which I no longer use).

Kinda related, but I am having trouble importing speed dials from my default browser, Opera Stable, to Opera Developer. How can I do that?

1. As far as I know you can't view the stored data as you can with opera-link.

2. If you are using windows, turn on hidden files, navigate to:

[Your user folder]\Application Data\Opera Software.
      or
      [Your user folder]\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software.
      or
      type %appdata% in the start menu.

Here you will see the opera installations you have. Enter the one you want to import
      from (for example opera-beta), then copy the file called "favorites.db". Then you
      go back one folder, and then enter the folder you want to copy to, and replace the
      file there.

• Thank you for your information. My guess is that the stored information will become viewable in a later update, but it will be some time before that happens. That is fine with me. I really quite like the directions Opera has been heading in.

I am surprised that copying the favorites.db and/or favorites.db-journal did not import the speed dial settings. My guess is that this works for most people, but I am doing something wrong. Both files in Opera Stable and Opera Developer are the same size as well, which is a little surprising.

Still, you have given me some interesting things to look into.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.