Auto scroll in Opera v.11.xx - assign custom keyboard short cut

• HI,

What would be the command ( item, = ....) if I am to assign auto scroll a keyboard shortcut ?

Is it possible in this command I can custom the scrolling speed also ?

Thank you very much.
    Edmond.

• This should work

Go to Preferences - Advanced - Keyboard setup - Edit

In the "Document Windows] section add new shortcut, for an example "a alt" (Alt+A) with following action:

Go to page, "javascript:var marc=false; function AutoScroll() {if(marc==true)return; window.scrollBy(0,1); NextScroll = setTimeout('AutoScroll()', 120);window.onkeypress = StopScroll;} function StopScroll(e) {if(e.keyCode == 27){clearTimeout(NextScroll);};} AutoScroll();" + Go to page, "javascript: void(marc=true)"

Is it possible in this command I can custom the scrolling speed also ?

I think yes, but you need to modify the JS code mentioned above.

• Thank you very much !

But can I put these command string by assiging a keyboard key from with-in the standard_keyboard.ini ?

As I do not want to mess the document windows setting you have suggested above.

Or, is there a file ( i.e. xx.ini ) about this document windows I can edit ?

Thanks !
    Edmond.

• Hi stng,

Have added :

[Document Window]

l ctrl=Go to page, "javascript:var marc=false; function AutoScroll() {if(marc==true)return; window.scrollBy(0,1); NextScroll = setTimeout('AutoScroll()', 120);window.onkeypress = StopScroll;} function StopScroll(e) {if(e.keyCode == 27){clearTimeout(NextScroll);};} AutoScroll();" + Go to page, "javascript: void(marc=true)"

but it seems didn't auto scroll during surfing web page.

Thank you
    edmond.

• @emc

1.Try this:

in section:
    [Application]

i ctrl = Go to page, "javascript:var marc=false; function AutoScroll() {if(marc==true)return; window.scrollBy(0,1); NextScroll = setTimeout('AutoScroll()', 120);window.onkeypress = StopScroll;} function StopScroll(e) {if(e.keyCode == 27){clearTimeout(NextScroll);};} AutoScroll();"

Note: I've changed the javascript code!

2.Press Escape to stop auto scroll.

p.s. it works!

• Thanks stng !

It works & scroll now.

How I am to increase the speed though ?

I tried to modify command Auto Scroll ()', 1200 ( instead of 120 )

Scroll speed is same.

Thank you !
    Edmond.

• Hi stng,

How I am to insert something in order to control the speed of scrolling? ( + speed and - speed )

Thank you very much.
    edmond.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.