:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

How to get URL after clicking on a link

• I have Opera set up to show the URL in the URLbar. However, I have seen that after clicking on a link in a page (at least for PDFs), that when the browser displays the new page/pdf, that no URL is shown.

Is this by design? What can I do to get the URL shown at all times?

• Works fine in Opera 28. What version of Opera are you using?

• Beta 27.

Just to be clear, normally I can see links--when I click on a speed dial tile, or enter it. HTML links are fine. But for whatever reason, when I get PDFs it doesn't work.

Can you view any of the pdf files here:
    paulrittman.com/history

Just go down to one of those classes--they are all pdf files. I only see "Enter search or web address" when I am viewing any of those pdf files, or any from Google search results.

• Yup, works fine here. For example the '8A Spring 2014 Syllabus' link, when I click it, loads up and shows http://www.paulrittman.com/8ASpr2014.pdf in the address bar and appears to look as intended. Check your plugins at opera://plugins/ and make sure you have one (and only one) .pdf viewer installed. The default one is Chrome PDF Viewer.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.