picture is freezing

• hello, i have installed latest version of opera, upgrading my opera 12. however, there's a problem with it. everytime i do something (open a new tab, select a text, click on a link, scroll up/down etc) everything "freezes". only when i restore down or maximize the window, i can see what happened. in the frozen state i can click on links, select text, open a new tab but i can see it only when i maximize or restore down the window.

so when i click on a link, it freezes, i move the maximized window (it restores down) and i can see the page i clicked on. i scroll down, it freezes, i maximize the window and i can see it scrolled down. it is very annoying and i cannot use opera right now on my laptop.

i tried to uninstall opera, deleted personal data, installed again and nothing helps. i have no idea what could be wrong, opera works fine on my desktop and the old version used to work good on my laptop as well. i use win7 on both devices.

does anyone know what could be wrong?

• may be a problem with Operas useage of hardware accellaration.

Plerase try:

1. Open opera:config#UserPrefs|EnableHardwareAcceleration
    2. Set to 0
    3. Scroll down and confirm button Save
    4. Restart Opera
  • really did not thought of that option. it works! thank you

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.