Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Delayed loading of background tab in opera 12 ?

• Hi there !
    I'm using opera 12.10, and wanted to know if there is a way to delay loading of background tabs when you start opera with a saved session, I know this feature is avaible for higher versions but I'm on the v12.10 and want to keep it 😃
    Thanks !

• Probably not, no.

• @vertus01
    Unfortunately, not possible in "true" Opera. This feature was one of the most requested by users. But Desktop Team had ignored this suggestion.

My Opera 12 usually have a lot of opened tabs. So, the start(restart) of the browser could be really annoying.

I am using special batch(.cmd) file that starts Opera in "lite mode" that radically reduces Opera's start up delay.

The batch file simply asks me:

• Do you want to disable javascript in Opera? Yes/Cancel.
    • Do you want to disable plugins? Yes/Cancel.
    • Do you want to disable images? Yes/Cancel.
    • Do you want to enable Offline mode ("Work offline")? Yes/Cancel.

For an example, with disabled JS and images, Opera starts much faster with a much less intensive CPU workload.

Also, i have the custom buttons(made by me) in my Opera toolbar config. The buttons allow me to enable JS/Plugins, disable Offline mode, enable(load) images in all opened tabs in a quick way.