Thank you and congratulations on this release of Opera
kreonsa last edited by
I just wanted to let the devs. know that I'm very grateful for this great release of Opera (19.0).
I've used Opera in the past (many years ago) but found myself switching back and forth between Firefox and Chrome after missing some essential features, but recently after the switch to the Chromium version, I've decided to try it again and I'm very glad I did
I've been using Opera 19.0.1326.56 for about 2 days and it's FULL ON for me, I love the new look and feel. Maybe it's just me but it seems like somehow you guys managed to bring the fluidity and responsiveness (altough there's space for improvement) of the old Opera to the new build.
I'm partly a software developer/web designer and I can see all the little things you guys work on.
Things I love most compared with other browsers (mainly Chrome) are:
• Lazy loading (this is G R E A T, I work with a lot of tabs opened at all times and most of the time it's on a slow HDD)
• Speed and responsiveness
• The New Speed Dial (with SpeedDial Patch, found in the forums - you should take a loot at it)
• Off-Road mode (looks promising, haven't had the chance to fully try it out)
• The ability to unpack the installer + the switches provided (unattended installations are something to be considered)
And if I'm still at it, some areas that would need some attention would be :
• drag & drop links to Desktop / Explorer (this doesn't work even in the developer version )
I'm sure that I will find other areas that will need improvement but I'm glad that we have a solid ground to build upon.
All in all, congratulations and thank you once again for giving me a break on searching for a good web browser. :love: