Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Today, w 1st startup. extension icons in TB can't be seen; icon for newly installed is visible?

• Apologies first as I thought I had read about this problem in the Opera Community Forums but cannot find it - if this is duplicate of an existing threat thats the explanation.

Yes this is a dinosaur system, WinXP.PRO,sp3,uptodate patches, etc running Opera (altskul)12.17.1863;DELL XPS-Z 300 MHz P3, with 384 MB PC133 RAM; unfortunately I needed to work another 15 years instead of retiring,so have to buy new computers more slowly.

Have used Opera since before fall 1997 - back when it would fit on a 3.5 in disk: which is why I used it for teaching; plus it was the way students could learn how code should be written, tight & clean,(sigh-even if gang or committee programmed)and how bigger applications aren't necessarily better (I also like the Word Perfect DOS kernel waxing nostalgic).

Looked in Opera:config at the Extensions section, saw nothing there to make extension icons NOT visible, but yet be at work-double-checked they are all 'enabled'

Will work on this myself, but if someone has had this happen to them, please let me know the fix or work around, or even a patch, tweak of "Opera:config" or whatever.

Regards, DA