Opera not opening links properly

  • Frequently when I click on a link in a page or Cmd+Click to open the link in a new tab, the url changes but the page content remains that of the original page. The only way I can get the content to display is to either restart Opera completely or to copy and paste the link's url into a new blank tab.

    I've tried clearing my history and cache but neither made any difference. Is there anything else I can try?

  • Frequently when I click on a link in a page or Cmd+Click to open the link in a new tab, the url changes but the page content remains that of the original page. The only way I can get the content to display is to either restart Opera completely or to copy and paste the link's url into a new blank tab.
    I've tried clearing my history and cache but neither made any difference. Is there anything else I can try?

    Which version are you using? I tried this in Opera Developer 26 and could not reproduce it. It looks like a caching problem. Did you try to empty the cache memory?

  • I'm using 25.0.1614.50. I've cleared both cache and history but there was no change to the problem.

  • I'm using 25.0.1614.50. I've cleared both cache and history but there was no change to the problem.

    Does this happen to all the pages/links that you are trying to access? It's pretty hard to figure out what's wrong without a specific situation, since this is not a general issue. I just tried to open multiple links in new tabs using the exact same Opera version you mentioned above, and I simply couldn't reproduce the issue. Which makes me think it might be something specific to a certain site. Or maybe an older issue, perhaps inherited from previous versions...? I'm not sure how Opera updates work, I'm pretty sure some of the data is kept so that you don't have to open up all your tabs, for example, every time you upgrade your browser. But I'm not sure what else is kept that might trigger this.

    So, if in your case, it's a general issue, and if it happens on any website, then maybe a clean install of the browser might fix it. Otherwise, I really don't know what to say. Since this doesn't seem to happen in my tests.

    On another note, you could also try installing Opera Developer (version 26 now) and see if the issue is still present.

    I hope that at least some of this helps. :)

  • It feels to me as though one of the internal databases used to manage history and sessions has got screwed up but I don't know how to troubleshoot those. What I'd like to do is save my open set of windows as a session like you could do in Opera 12 and re-install the browser. I don't think there's a way to do that any more sadly.

    Sounds as though my problem is pretty isolated so I don't think updating to a later version will help. I think it's the session data that's screwed rather than the app.

  • I can't links to open in Opera. This is occurring in twitter. I read the story and want more information. I click on the link and it appears in the tab above. Nothing occurs. It seems to time out. The new screen remains blank. I have done a reboot and new install. I am using the latest version of your software.

Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.