:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Opera Search Bar always defaults to Google

• Every time I set the default search engine to not-Google, and even deleting Google as a search engine, upon restart of Opera, Google is restored as the default search engine. Google is persistent and cannot be deleted.
    Deleting any other search engine is fine; it will not be restored.
    This behaviour seems to have started with Opera 12.15, build 1748.

Is Google hard-wired into Opera now, with no other default possible?

• Thanks. For some reason when I did a search earlier it didn't show up ... it's irritating, back to 12.14 for a while.

• No problem to change to different search engines here. After editing new search engine and set as default I can change it to what ever I wan't.

Opera 12.15
    win32 platform
    System: Win 7 64-bit

• Originally posted by jarmush:

No problem to change to different search engines here.

With mine and others, the reversion to Google happens after a restart of Opera. Until then, the change holds. Or maybe you're just lucky - we probably have the same setup, though you show platform as both Win 32 and Win 7 64 bit. I assume you mean Opera is 32 bit (x86).

• Has this been reported as a bug yet?

It reverts back after restarting browser.

Version 12.15 Build 1748 Platform Win32 System Windows 7
    Browser identification:
    Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.15

• Originally posted by robertbj:

it's irritating, back to 12.14 for a while.

Yes, me too.

Originally posted by soundbit:

Has this been reported as a bug yet?

I hope so. I think this is an important problem.

• bug..) if so, then the whole chrome abomination called opera 15+ is nothing but huge bug in one piece. a bug called Google.
    this opera 12 behaviour was just an early symptom.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.