Run Opera 12 and Opera 18 simultaneously

• Should there be a problem to have both these versions installed and run them simultaneously?

• No. I have Opera 11.64, 12.16, 18, 19, and 20 installed, and regularly run them simultaneously.

The only problem you might have is with the email client fetching mail to the version that is not your default, and 18 doesn't have built-in email.

Use the USB install to keep profiles in the install folder — it makes it easier to keep track of preferences, bookmarks, etc. Install them all on an encrypted drive if you value your data, and of course, keep regular backups of important data.

• Thanks.
    I have already had them installed for quite some time on my system drive (and the standalone Opera Mail too) so as to try and gradually switch to the new state of affairs 🙂 . But I keep losing my history in Opera 18. I don't use any cleaners that may cause the problem, so I thought maybe the two Opera versions clash in some way.
    I do have the mail problem you mention, as my Opera 12 mail client is still the default one (problems with sending from the standalone OM too).
    A somewhat off-topic question: v. 19 and 20 - are these "Next" versions?
    Thanks again.

• v 19 is Opera Next
    v 20 is Opera Developer

Developers Blog

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.